Connecting The World – Synthesio Looks At Social Media Week 2015
Last week, seven cities around the world celebrated the tremendous social, cultural and economic impact of social media as Social Media Week marks it’s seventh year of operation, with a unifying global theme that explored openness in a connected and collaborative world.
Social Media Week is a truly worldwide event with a local presence and global reach across six continents, including Europe, North America, South America, Australia, Africa and Asia. At Synthesio, we eagerly jump on the opportunity to track the global conversations around an event of this magnitude with such a web frenzy surrounding it, so we decided to track all social media conversations surrounding Social Media Week 2015, to provide you with engaging insights into the overall worldwide reach of the event, trending topics and finally, our list of top influencers driving the conversations.
What would you guess are the top 3 languages tweeting and posting about Social Media Week? If you guessed English, Spanish and Danish, you’d be right.
Over 47,000 overall mentions!
- Including almost 46,000 in New York alone
- 60% of all mentions came from women, with the remaining 40% coming from men
- 99% of mentions came from Twitter. Facebook accounted for only 0.25% of all mentions
Top SMW Global Influencers
Top Trending SMW Topics
#SMW15 Twitter Takeaways
— Anita Erskine™ (@TheAnitaErskine) February 22, 2015
— Pritish S (@PritishSocial) March 2, 2015
Maximize the results of each piece of content. Don't try to reach everyone. Reach the right person with the eight value. #smw15
— Amber Armstrong (@ambarmstrong) February 27, 2015
— The Gary J. Nix® (@Mr_McFly) February 25, 2015