Top Canadian Marketers To Follow On Social Media
Canadian marketers are known for not only creating unique and creative marketing campaigns that drive awareness but in doing so, they are also working under the strict Canada Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL). For example, without having permission from the recipient, email marketers can be in violation of the CASL. For smaller companies or startups, this can be challenging as they want to get the word out about their company. Although many marketing teams rely heavily on email marketing as a focal form of communication to their audience, Canadian marketers have made the most out of working around these laws to voice their message in other ways. They get creative in their campaigns and make a valued connection with consumers.
With that being said, we pulled together a list of 25 Canadian marketers that are shaping the nation’s marketing efforts. We recommend that you follow these industry leaders to learn about the nation’s top marketing trends.
- Jonathan Levitt – Chief Marketing Officer at Reitmans Canada Ltd.
Chief Marketing Officer at Reitmans Canada Ltd. Building better products, brands and experiences by leveraging data and technology. Tweets are my own.
- Sarah Bugeja – Digital Marketing Manager at Loblaw Digital
Marketer | Retail + eCommerce + Tech | @Marketing_Mag 2016 Top 30 Under 30 | @GetLitReads Chair | Lead Instructor @RED_yyz | @Raptors for life
- Jeremy Miller – Brand Strategist & Keynote Speaker at Sticky Branding
Make your brand stand out. Jeremy is a brand builder, marketing keynote speaker, and bestselling author of Sticky Branding.
- Ela Veresiu – Assistant Professor of Marketing at Schulich School of Business – York University
Assistant Professor of Marketing @ #Schulich researching the political dynamics of markets and consumption systems.
- Bryan Haines – Partner at Storyteller Media
Canadian travel content marketer. Best of Nova Scotia @WiseGuidesCan GoPro Blog @ClickLikeThis. In love w/ @DenaHaines Dad to @EverywhereWild
- Marina Arnaout – Regional Head of Digital at SAS
Juggling professional endeavours and an insatiable appetite for world exploration. @Marketing_Mag Top 30 Under 30 2016. marinarnaout@gmail
- Gillian Magnusson – Marketing Coordinator at Canadian Blood Services: Donor Experience & Engagement
Marketing at @itsinyoutogive, VP Membership at @IABCOttawa, history nerd, trivia junkie, voracious reader. Tweeting on culture & comms. Opinions are my own.
- Heather Hawke – Brand Coordinator at Tennis Canada
marketing & other 🐐 stuff @tenniscanada
- Alissa Hurley – Vice President, Marketing at FMAV
VP, Marketing @FMAVCanada | Instructor, Event Mgmt – Mount Royal University #MRU | CMM, DES, CED | #EventProfs | Inspired by #EventTech | #AVTweeps
- Alanna Handelman – Partnerships at Snapchat, Inc.
Partnerships @snapchat, entertainment enthusiast, pescotarian, sun worshipper, ClassPass-obsessed. Formerly: Alanna Glicksman.
- Darby Sieben – VP Strategy & Partnerships @ Yellow Pages Canada
vp of strategy & partnerships, avid reader, startup investor, people connector, tech nerd, love cocker spaniels and known for whacking the hornet’s nest
- Jonathan Chiriboga – Digital Marketing Lead at McDonald’s Canada
Digital Marketing Lead @McD_Canada | Blogger @ http://digitalopenconcept.com | CMO of http://FitTritious.com
- Josh McKellar – Head of Marketing, Canada at Timberland
Leading the Marketing for @Timberland Canada – Entertainment & Influencer Marketing, PR and Advertising
- Justin Kozuch – Marketing and Social Media Manager at Eden App
Marketing executive with a passion for digital, sports and consumer experiences searching for new challenges.
- James Clarke – Sr. Digital Marketing Manager at PepsiCo
Head of Digital & Social @PepsiCo Foods Canada. Ex @kraftcanada, @mapleleaffoods. Work hard * Have Fun * Make a Difference. Opinions shared are my own.
- JP Shoiry – Chief of Content Strategy at republik
Chief of Content Strategy & Partner at @RepublikSocial | Certified #bcorp
- Scott Mckeagan – Vice President of Digital Marketing at EZ-Results.ca
VP of Digital Marketing @ezresults. Canadian #SEO & Inbound Marketer. Husband, Father, Patriots and Blue Jays Fan.
- Patrick Boshell – Marketing Director at Deb Group Canada
Patrick Boshell is the Marketing Director @Deb_Canada and a #handhygiene #HandWashing blogger helping to make hands matter. Personal account.
- Marie Josee Lamothe – Managing Director at Google Canada
#Branding, #Innovation, #Canada, @GoogleCanada (tweets = all mine, RT ≠ endorsement)
- Corby Fine – Vice President, Customer Intelligence & Digital Experience at Rogers Communications
VP of Customer Intelligence and Digital Optimization, running the media trading desk, launching unique projects like BIG data and Audience Solutions at Rogers
- Kathy Wagner – Co-founder at Content Strategy Inc.
Co-founder of Content Strategy Inc. I’m a content strategist, user researcher, writer, speaker, mentor. Now business co-owner.
- Sara Falconer – Director, Digital Communications at Red Cross
Director, digital comms @RedCrossCanada. Shameless cat lady. Metalhead. Raptors ❤️
- Richard Wong – VP Marketing at #paid
VP Marketing @hashtagpaid. Ex-Googler. Ex-CPG Mktg. Tech | Toronto | Startups | Marketing | Teaching.
- Roshni Wijayasinha – Vice President of Marketing at Benecaid Health Benefit Solutions Inc.
VP Marketing @Benecaid & Marketing Consultant helping #SMBs and #startups achieve their #Marketing & #tech #dreams.
- Dan Christian – Chief Digital Officer at The Travel Corporation
Chief Digital Officer, The Travel Corporation | Speaker, Dano Digital | Founder, Strategy Saturday | Avid Traveller | All Views My Own
Want to enhance your marketing skills and take your learning to the next level? We put together the ultimate social media marketing dictionary to improve your knowledge of today’s social media marketing terms.