Today’s Top Retail Marketing Influencers Owning the Social Media Game
According to a Social Media Examiner report, 59% of marketers have used social media for more than 6 hours each week. As marketers, social media is our go-to for both staying in touch with the latest topics, and for retail marketers, it’s a tool to drive in-store traffic online. At Synthesio, we did some research to find the top retail marketing influencers on social media to see what we can learn from them.
Let’s face it, once social media hit, the marketing game officially changed for all retail marketers. The consumer’s shopping behavior is an entirely different ballgame. They’re finding products across social media ads, tagged in photos, in-store shopping, and through retargeted ads. Following the consumer’s journey is more complicated than ever. But, all in all, social media has provided us with of the easiest ways to connect 1:1 with consumers. Retail marketers can use company accounts to talk directly to consumers, a huge step up from commercials, billboards, print ads, and direct mail.
See what these retail marketing influencers have to say about the industries latest trends, technologies, and strategies!
- Craig Inglis – Director, Marketing at John Lewis
Customer Director at John Lewis
- Sarah Manley – Chief Marketing Officer at Burberry
Chief Marketing Officer @Burberry
- Pete Avery – Director of Retail Marketing at Callaway Golf
Director of Retail Marketing – Callaway Golf – All views are my own
- Lee Emanuel – Retail Marketing Coordinator at Brooks Running
Retail Marketing Coordinator with Brooks UK. Former International Middle Distance Runner. European Indoor Silver Medalist.
- David J. Katz – Chief Marketing Officer & Executive Vice President at Randa Accessories
#CMO, #storytelling, #author, #speaker, alchemist, #fashion, #retail, #technology, #neuroscience, #behavioraleconomics, #marketing, #LinkedinTopVoices
- Jordan LeBaron – Director, Performance Marketing, Analytics, & Planning
Performance marketing at @REI. Formerly @adobe and #omniture. Father of 3. The lesser half of @makeandtakes. All ramblings are my own.
- Ed Razek – Chief Marketing Officer at L Brands
CMO L Brands, Executive Producer Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Susan Duffy – Chief Marketing Officer at Stuart Weitzman
A small town girl living in a fashion world. CMO at @StuartWeitzman. Passionate about branding, pink peonies, Yorkies, Bay Head, St. Barths…and shoes!
- Charles Pascalar – VP of Global Marketing at Payless ShoeSource
Strategic Global Mktg Executive. Visionary Leader. World Class Team Builder. Forbes Top 100 Mktg Minds. Views=own. #USF One book for kids
- Jennifer Sey – CMO Global Brands at Levi Strauss & Co.
Mom of 4, wife of 1, friend of many. CMO for Levi’s. Writer. Former gymnast. Future old lady.
- Kristi Argyilan – Senior Vice President at Target
@Target, discovering next, embracing the ride, loving humans & furry friends, a WIP, tweets are my own.
- Katie Krum – Sr. Director, Content & Engagement at Under Armour
sr. director of engagement @underarmour. love talking marketing & digital brilliance. ❤️ grit, greeting cards & dance parties. organizer of @SheSaysDC
- Trish Mueller – Co-Founder at Mueller Retail Consulting
Free Agent CMO, music lover, dog rescuer, painter, outdoor enthusiast, golfer and queen of organization!
- Allison Stadd – Head of Brand and Retail Marketing at BARK
Head of Brand & Marketing, Retail: @bark. // IG: alstadd. // Philly transplant. // Cockapoo mom.
- Neil Saunders – Managing Director of GlobalData Retail and Founder of Conlumino
Managing Director of GlobalData Retail, founder of Conlumino. I analyze all sorts of things to do with retail, shopping, and consumers.
- Melissa Gonzalez – Founder of The Lionesque Group
Award Winning Retail Strategist & Author of The Pop-Up Paradigm. Founder of @LionesqueGroup, @IBM Futurist, @ABCNewsRadio contributor #RetailwithMelissa
- Carol Spieckerman – President and CEO of Spieckerman Retail
Retail speaker, thought leader & strategist to global suppliers, brand marketers, solution providers & agencies. Future-proofing retail positioning since 2000.
- Doug Stephens – Founder of Retail Prophet
Speaker, author of Reengineering #Retail & global advisor on the #FutureOfRetail. Syndicated columnist for CBC Radio. Contributor to The Business of Fashion.
- Andrew Busby – Retail Analyst, Writer, and Speaker
Retail Analyst & Keynote Speaker | Content Writer | Founder @RetailReflect | @IBM Futurist | Top Retail Influencer | Contributor @RetailWeek | Race driver @SVG
Want to learn more about the influence of social media on today’s marketers? See our recent case study about how a major high-end retail department store change used our Social listening platform to uncover valuable consumer insights.