Audience intelligence compliments conversational analysis and deepens overall consumer understanding. With audience insights, explore:
- Audience enrichment: Learn the lifestyle choices and behaviors that define your audience
- New segments: Uncover new or niche audience segments
- Media planning: Identify your audience’s preferred media channels
- Sponsorship and event strategy: Find your audience’s favorite brands and live events
Let’s walk you through a practical example.
The Dalgona Coffee Trend
When finding a new listening insight, the next logical step is to determine whether the newly found topic represents a sizeable and interesting audience. For example, during the lockdown in March, a coffee brand found an emerging trend around ‘Dalgona Coffee’ (a creamy coffee creation). Was this a fad or an actual trend with a sizeable audience?
To answer this question, they used Audiences to create a ‘Dalgona’ segment and learned the following.:
- Audience size: The ‘Dalgona’ trend represents a sizable movement, with over 66 million people showing a behavioral interest in the trend
- Demographically, they quickly learned some key characteristics. Dalgona fans are young and mostly female. And Brazil contains the most ‘Dalgona’ fans.
- Behavioral insights reveal that in terms of ‘Hobbies and Activities’, this audience loves to cook various cuisines. And while doing so, according to their preferred ‘Arts & Entertainment’, they like to enjoy some calming music such as jazz, classical, or the blues.
Audience insights easily inform media planning. When looking at the same ‘Dalgona’ segment, there’s a clear preference for discussion-based platforms like Tumblr and Reddit. This information helps the brand prioritize these channels for advertising purposes; it also informs listening efforts moving forward. As a brand, they should listen more closely to those channels and search for educational topics to then weave across their ad copy.
Thirdly, for this example, Audiences can help with a brand’s sponsorship strategy. In this dataset, we are looking at ‘Dalgona’ fans’ favorite brands. When looking to implement a cross-brand promotion strategy, Audiences quickly helps inform a shortlist of brands to start with.