As we head into fall, the Synthesio Product team continues to evolve our AI-enabled consumer intelligence platform to make it easier for insights pros and marketers to uncover what really matters – to their consumers, market, and brand. We’re taking another step towards bringing you the most complete, accurate, and predictive picture of consumers by enhancing our data coverage in the Chinese market and providing even more customization within the platform. Here’s what’s new:
1. Enhanced Chinese data coverage
Unlike the Western world which is dominated by a handful of tech giants like Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, eBay, and others, China has its own (fragmented) digital ecosystem. Chinese consumers rely on thousands of niche websites and digital social channels – and split their purchasing activity across a larger number of platforms. The mobile-focused and fast-moving market has a huge appetite for innovation and novelty, particularly in the digital space. For brands, this means keeping up (and reaching) consumers is more difficult than ever.
It also means brands need to track an ever-increasing number of local data sources to really understand consumer behavior. Good news for them: Synthesio is proud to announce its partnership with DataStory, a big data solution provider in China.
This new partnership will expand our Chinese data coverage to include:
- 5x data volume for the country’s top social networks: Weibo and WeChat
- Social networks including: Xiahongshu, Douyin, Bilibili, etc.
- Top Chinese forums like Babytree, Baobao, Tianya, Qinbaobao, Mamabang, Tianya, Zhihu, Baidu Zhidao, Tieba, etc.
- 30+ ecommerce sites including Tmall, Alibaba, JD, Pinduoduo, Kaola, and Vipshop
- 30K+ news and BBS sites like Toutiao, People’s Daily, Netease, Sohu, Xihaiannews, Sina, The paper, Youth, Jiemian, etc.
Why it matters:
- Chinese data is a crucial source of insights (and a competitive advantage over other brands in your industry) for marketing and insights pros in 2022 and beyond.
- A one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t work. Developing products, strategies, and campaigns for this market requires local nuance and cultural understanding.
2. Enhanced reporting capabilities and new visualizations
Reporting is key to bringing insights to life – and to key stakeholders in your organization. We’re constantly improving our reporting capabilities to make it easier and more efficient for users to visualize their findings, and drill into the questions that matter most to their brand. Here are the latest enhancements:
- A new Treemap widget that displays hierarchical data into an easy-to-consume format (like top clusters identified in a Topic Modeling study!).
- Advanced color handing that allows you to customize your data visualizations – like choosing your color on monochrome charts and automatically adapting labels on multi-color charts.
Why it matters:
- Flexible reporting is key to allowing users across a variety of roles to find the insights that matter to them – and it requires more data visualizations, dimensions, and options for slicing and dicing your data.
- Enhanced customization reduces the need to manually export and manipulate data.
In case you missed our last update, survey analysis is now available for Synthesio clients! Using the power of our AI-enabled platform, you can clean, map, transform, and visualize your survey data – and analyze it alongside social data for richer insights.
To see these enhancements in action, request a demo with one of our experts today – and stay tuned for our next update!